FloSports is looking for a Producer to join our Live Production team in Austin, Texas. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, talented, highly-technical live broadcast professional with a knack for providing high-quality, live event coverage across a variety of sports with a passionate fan base.
Live Event / On Location Services
Austin, Texas Area
Sep 14, 2023
FloSports is looking for a Producer to join our Live Production team in Austin, Texas. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, talented, highly-technical live broadcast professional with a knack for providing high-quality, live event coverage across a variety of sports with a passionate fan base. This role must maintain a hunger to be the best in the streaming industry while overcoming tough challenges that you will be faced with long hours, challenging weather conditions and mission-critical technical issues. You will be entrusted with the responsibility and the opportunity to grow your skill set, as well as have a real impact on the success of the company and the sports that we cover.
This position is a road-warrior and the ability to travel up to 80% and work on evenings/weekends/holidays is a must.
- Work closely with and help manage the entire production crew which includes on-air talent, editors, graphics designers, scoring systems personnel, external partners and our internal support team.
- Provide a quality stream of live events across all of our sports, with coverage ranging from single camera, single stream to multi camera with multiple streams.
- Hit aggressive ad insertion goals.
- Be involved in every stage of the production from pre-production through the entire Live broadcast process
- Manage pre-production planning details, schedules, timelines and overall event documentation
- Participate in and organize an efficient technical setup and tear down.
- Perform thorough inventory checks both before and after each show.
- Troubleshoot technology issues and production problems logically, calmly and efficiently
- Take ownership of production quality and help to drive improvements
- Help to build and strengthen working relationships with partners, vendors, contingent crew members and other event stakeholders
- Working knowledge of applicable creative software applications including the Adobe Creative Suite and Premiere is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Background or education in video production
- Ability to manage projects from concept to creation.
- Proven experience producing events in a live streaming or broadcast environment
- Experience with storytelling, editing, shooting, lighting, and audio
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting experience
- Ability to lead, execute and deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with software and hardware encoders
- Advanced experience with live video streaming software such as vMix & OBS
- Familiarity with H.264/H.265 encoding and RTMP & SRT streaming protocols.
- Familiarity with basic IT network cabling and infrastructure.
- Process driven and detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet high travel requirements, including weekends and holidays