The ESPN Films Producer II will oversee operations for original content and will guide productions from green light through execution and distribution.
Much of the role will entail managing production timelines, deliverables, creative feedback and managing workflow, as well as providing leadership in a demanding media environment, demonstrating a keen sense of story development and an ambitious creative vision.
The ESPN Films Producer II will also lead all aspects of content development and production, from budget planning, programming and dealing with entertainment industry talent, to providing guidance on scripts, edits, and post-production.
This position can be based either in NY or CT.
- Serve as centralized point person for all creative feedback.
- Act as ESPN point of contact for external production companies and directors to go to for questions on licensing, clearances, budget, music, PR, marketing, content integration and social.
- Serve as main ESPN point of contact with production companies for all notes and creative feedback.
- Collaborate with content integration team, as well as PR, marketing, social and editorial to provide maximum visibility for each project.
- Manage rough cut and delivery schedule with external production team ensuring all deadlines are met.
- This candidate needs to have a strong sense of story and the ability to script and write. They will be responsible for providing the filmmaker with detailed macro and micro notes on each cut. They will also be responsible for gathering notes from across the department and organizing and relaying them in a way that is thoughtful and constructive to the filmmaker.
- Act as liaison for the film’s key art, marketing, content integration, PR and social efforts on the backend once the film is delivered and in the promotional phase.
- Provide internal teams with regular updates on projects in order to make sure the deadlines are being met for distribution.
- Work with packager to make sure all masters and deliverables follow specifications and versions of production guidelines.
- Manage delivered masters through the post process which includes implementing sales packages, rundowns, formatting, etc.
- Once the film is delivered, responsible for QC’ing it, and making sure there aren’t any content or technical errors.
- Producer takes the lead in working with internal events team to plan screenings leading up to the premiere. Also, coordinates any deliverables for film festivals.
- Producer collaborates with creative team and manages approvals for all assets relating to film including trailer, excerpts, key art, episodic art, etc.
- Producer manages internal assets like summaries, transcripts and loglines.
- Producer is responsible for making sure the film is delivered to the various vendors and platforms (Deportes, ESPN+, Broadcast, etc).
- Work directly with Business Affairs on all matters related to the film/project.
- Provide initial quality assurance of projects from inception through distribution.
- Develop creative supplementary content to support Original Content initiatives.
- Innovate creatively while working within confines of budget restrictions of particular assignments.
- Assign duties to supporting personnel.
- Manage direct report(s) and provide performance reviews for production support staff.
- Production experience including producing documentaries.
- Basic editing ability a plus.
- Extremely organized and able to work independently to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong communication skills and follow-through instincts, along with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate leadership on complex projects.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Experience managing direct reports.
- Experience directing documentaries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Broadcasting, Journalism, Radio/TV/Film, or equivalent work experience.