We are looking for a passionate producer to work on the live one-hour talk show, Great Day Washington.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, energetic, a strategic thinker and a team player with a positive attitude
The producer is responsible for producing segments daily. We are looking for someone who can handle every aspect of production; from booking compelling guests, writing lifestyle copy for broadcast, editing video, creating graphics and posting content to social and the web.
The producer will work in a collaborative environment with Great Day Washington staff and other WUSA9 employees from the sales, marketing, information technology and news departments.
The producer will be working closely with the sales department to produce entertaining/informative integration segments and will be expected to interact with station clients.
- Collaborate with GDW team on stories/guests and pitch fresh segment ideas.
- Helps manage and coordinate in-studio guests and clients. Assist with production during live program, line-producing experience is not required, but a definite plus.
- Edit all video for segments produced.
- Some field producing for taped and live segments
- Post articles and videos to the website using TEGNA’s content management system.
- Responsible for maintaining and regularly posting to GDW social media accounts.
- Must be knowledgeable about the DMV area from arts and entertainment to community interests.
- Building and maintaining positive client experiences.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the necessary skills and abilities required for this job.
- 3 years’ experience in producing a daily, live TV program.
- Excellent writing and production skills, video editing is a must.
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Solid organization and time management in a fast-paced environment
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.