Fred Rogers Productions is looking for a Producer, Games & Websites to lead interactive content development for Donkey Hodie, a preschool series for PBS KIDS. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Under the direction of the Chief Creative Officer, the Producer, Games & Websites will produce interactive content for children across multiple platforms, including web sites, digital games and apps. This content is an opportunity for kids to ‘play the show’ and extend the learning and narrative experience of the tv series.
Candidates for this position must have strong experience in creating interactive digital games and websites as well as a passion for creating thoughtful, fun, equity-driven, and accessible interactive content for young children. Strong editorial and production management skills are required. Familiarity with principles of Universal Design for Learning preferred. Must possess excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
Working from FRP’s Pittsburgh office is strongly preferred, but not required. Relocation assistance will be provided if needed.
This individual must be willing to follow CDC-established guidelines and company policies to prevent and limit the exposure of COVID-19. FRP has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy, subject to exemptions.
Creative Development & Collaboration
- Develop ideas for games that are on-brand and deliver on the series mission.
- Collaborate with and manage game studios, reviewing and providing feedback on all game development materials.
- With the support of the Digital Production Assistant, share materials for review with CCO, PBS KIDS, educational advisors, and colleagues in tv production, and gather/implement feedback.
- Participate in – or lead – playtesting of games, apps, etc., and other research opportunities.
- Work with tv production partners to record voice over and photograph assets for games and websites.
- As needed, contribute to or write digital plans for FRP projects in development.
- Manage schedules and workflows to keep projects on time and on budget.
- Develop and manage project budgets.
- Manage the maintenance of series website and work with developers to update as needed.
- Create and maintain calendar of content launches and other key dates.
Strategic Planning and Analysis
- Oversee the Digital Production Assistant in generating and analyzing Google Analytics reports and other metrics.
- Seek out new platforms and opportunities.
- As needed, brainstorm with Marketing team around social media promotions.
- Identify external content creators – programmers, designers, etc. – to participate in interactive content development.
- Advise on trends in digital culture, especially relating to children and families.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Represent FRP at industry events and conferences, as a participant, panelist or speaker.
- As needed, provide support in maintaining other series websites/games.
- 4+ years production experience making games, websites, apps or other digital content.
- Served in a leadership role on a team that shipped at least one educational or entertainment game, or app that was published in a widely available platform.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strategic thinker – both in terms of game playability as well as in assessing success of games and other content.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with diverse individuals.
- Creative problem-solver.
- Patience, empathy, flexibility, and kindness.
- Experience making children’s media or working with children.