KARE 11 News in Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN is looking for a creative, energetic news Producer who wants to dig into our extensive toolkit to create a newscast that informs, inspires, and impacts audiences in one of the best TV markets in the country.
Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area
May 05, 2022
We want you to bring fresh ideas and innovative style to inform and engage our audience. Our show producers create newscasts with an emphasis on the use of great video, effective graphics, and conversational and concise writing.
Applicants must have breaking news experience, strong editorial judgment, newscast producing expertise and fully understand the needs of our audience across all our platforms.
In this role, you will:
- Encourage innovation and risk-taking in crafting great newscasts through emotion and showcasing
- Write news stories for on-air broadcasting and digital platform
- Have a good understanding of social media platforms to incorporate into newscasts.
- Work collaboratively with other producers and staff members
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
- BA/BS in journalism, communications, or related field
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Knowledge in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding the tenets of professional journalism
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events