KCEN Channel 6, the NBC affiliate in the Waco/Temple/Killeen market, is looking for a producer to join our team.
We don’t want a show “stacker.” We want someone who can produce compelling television with conversational writing, high-end production value and the use of all our digital platforms. We’re not interested in story count. We want stories that count.
- Ensure creative storytelling that delivers both factual clarity and emotional connections with the audience.
- Write in a conversational, exciting and captivating manner.
- Utilize social media to advance our reporting and to engage an audience that watches while interacting.
- Respond quickly to changing circumstances and breaking news with a willingness to change as needed.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Lead and inspire news teams to work together for a great newscast.
- Coach and inspire on-air talent to be exciting and engaging.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
- 1-3 years of experience preferred.
- Solid news judgement, great people skills, strong broadcast and online writing skills, and the ability to work with little supervision are necessities.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field.
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems.
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content.
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus.
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) a plus.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.