The Video Producer/Editor position serves the Digital US Network team to help execute multiplatform digital video projects across Food Network, HGTV, Discovery, OWN, TLC, ID, Animal Planet, TRVL, and Cooking Channel.
Greater New York City Area
Oct 11, 2023
The Video Producer/Editor position serves the Digital US Network team to help execute multiplatform digital video projects across Food Network, HGTV, Discovery, OWN, TLC, ID, Animal Planet, TRVL, and Cooking Channel. A successful candidate for this role will have a strong knowledge of digital production, with an emphasis on editing, and is comfortable working on multiple digital projects in various stages of production simultaneously.
Your New Accountabilities…
- Edit original digital videos and cut down and repack existing longer-form videos, optimizing content for social audiences and various platforms.
- Work with direct manager and other key stakeholders to develop the overall look and feel of new series, including the development of new social formats.
- Shoot digital short-form content, both in the studio and on location as needed.
- Work with the existing team of producers to scale content and surface efficiencies.
- Capability to work across teams to support multiple KPIs, including driving revenue, audiences and engagement. This can include linear and streaming editing and exhibition.
- Monitor competitive programming and marketplace trends to suggest new strategies and techniques to incorporate into programming.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal teams and stakeholders, contributing creative ideas and solutions.
- Oversee digital video projects from pre-production through final delivery, partnering with production companies and internal teams to innovate on storytelling and formats, ensuring projects remain on schedule throughout the process.
Qualifications and Experience…
- Minimum of 2-3 years of digital video production experience with a focus on content creation.
- A strong understanding of digital and social media best practices and trends in digital storytelling.
- Proficiency with Premiere, other Adobe editing tools, and OBS live-streaming software.
- Expert-level knowledge of media formats, edit workflows, and industry-standard support tools.
- Skilled in camera phone videography (iPhone or Android device 4K and higher resolution) and Sony FS7 or similar.
- Must understand multi-platform viewing and audience habits within social media environments.
- Must be collaborative and possess a high degree of adaptability and flexibility.
- Must possess strong communication skills, both in-person and digitally.
- Must have a critical and advanced eye in terms of aesthetics and storytelling.
- Must be highly organized and very comfortable operating in a startup-style environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Pay Range: $45,500.00 - $84,500.00 salary per year.