We are seeking for an experienced Producer who is prepared to set the news agenda for the Bay Area.
The ideal candidate will bring fresh ideas and approaches to presenting complex stories to a diverse audience.
San Francisco Bay Area
Overview & Responsibilities :
- Produce 30 or 60-minute newscasts for broadcast and/or digital platforms.
- Responsible for story selection and editorial content.
- Time programs and segments with a good sense of pacing, energy and urgency.
- Oversee editing, script writing and creation of news graphics.
- Lead and work with assignment editors, reporters, writers and sports producers while making editorial and content decisions in accordance with department guidelines and standards.
- Effectively communicate with field reporters, tape editors and talent.
- Write news stories and all newscast teases: in a straightforward, active voice, conversational style, with accurate grammar and spelling.
- Monitor wires and feed sources for updated information.
- Respond aggressively to breaking news.
- Use all production elements accurately, consistently and creatively.
- Exercise sound news judgment.
- Make quick decisions, and clearly communicate in the control room.
Base Qualifications :
- At least 3 years experience line producing with a proven track record.
- The personal and professional maturity to direct and manage a staff
- The demonstrated ability to attract and hold viewers with compelling teases.
- Excellent writing and production skills.
- Adept at responding to breaking news, both strategically and in the control room.
- Eagerness to incorporate new media strategies and technologies.
- Desire and ability to innovate
- Desktop editing required.
- Related College degree and/or equivalent preferred.
Physical Demands :
Must be able to sit at desk for long periods of time and operate keyboard