CNN’s Digital Video team creates original video content for all CNN platforms. We are now looking for a Producer to be responsible for pitching and producing video content that will resonate with CNN’s digital audience.
London, United Kingdom
Feb 15, 2023
CNN’s Digital Video team creates original video content for all CNN platforms. We write, produce, shoot and edit, working collaboratively across the organization. From global conflicts to lifestyle topics, we tell human-centered stories with the aim of informing, inspiring and engaging the largest digital audience in news today.
We are now looking for a Producer to be responsible for pitching and producing video content that will resonate with CNN’s digital audience. You will pitch stories, do research and pre-production interviews, write scripts, edit video in-house and shoot in the field.
You should be a video-first storyteller who loves to pitch stories in a fast-paced news environment; a reporter who values accuracy and fairness; a team player willing to jump in and help out at a moment’s notice. You’ll be flexible, able to move between hard news and lighter enterprise storytelling seamlessly, and will be extremely comfortable both editing and being out in the field with a camera. Sound editorial judgment, creativity, and a passion for finding and pitching character-driven stories are a must.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Researching, writing scripts and editing video for all digital platforms
- Monitoring breaking news and search/social trends
- Brainstorming and regularly generating enterprise story ideas
- Shooting video in-house and in the field for news and feature videos
- Experimenting with video formats to reach new audiences on multiple platforms
- Collaborating with writers and producers across CNN bureaus around the world
Qualifications & Experience…
- Proven experience of working at a major media outlet, or equivalent experience
- Experience fact-checking stories and interviewing characters
- Passion for international news and current events
- Skilled with current industry-standard video equipment (Example: FS7)
- Deep understanding of post-production software Adobe Premiere
- Track record of collaborating in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work holidays, weekends, overnights and extended hours as the news cycle and deadlines required
- Foreign language skills preferred