Responsible for developing, pitching and producing creative content for a news and/or entertainment show. The producer must have an in-depth understanding of production within an entertainment-news environment.
Greater Atlanta Area
Dec 12, 2022
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Pitch, develop, book, direct and write segments relating to news or entertainment.
- Lead talent and crew for taped video productions by organizing the program elements; including graphics, aggregated footage and any necessary components to accomplish the task.
- Responsible for delivering quick-turn, high-priority projects while executing consistently high-quality production value.
- Copy edit scripts and work with other staff and production personnel to improve and refine the elements of programs to conform to specific quality standards and time requirements.
- Develop contacts and sources.
- Book guests.
- Work closely with network talent, line producers and/or post editors on final production.
- Create banners and basic rundown timing.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Must be proficient in shooting, writing and editing.
- Ability to cultivate and develop contacts and sources.
- Strong interviewing and writing skills, the ability to oversee and coordinate all creative elements to support the story including acquiring and clearing footage, scheduling talent, experts, crews and editors.
- Solid experience writing, booking, story development and strong visual skills.
- Must have solid social media experience and be well connected.
- Strong leadership skills to interface with co-workers and our diverse community.
- Must be able to communicate and lead team through daily deadlines and delivery schedules.
- Proven time-management skills.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in television production as a show producer
- Experience producing stories at all stages of development from pitch to air.