CNBC Digital Video is looking for a jack-of-all-trades producer for its News and Programming team. In addition to producing short- and long-form original videos, this role requires creating and curating video covering the most important business, markets and political stories of the day.
Apr 07, 2023
CNBC Digital Video is looking for a jack-of-all-trades producer for its News and Programming team. In addition to producing short- and long-form original videos, this role requires creating and curating video covering the most important business, markets and political stories of the day. This position specifically covers CNBC’s evening programming, and requires in-person work at the Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey location.
The ideal candidate is a motivated, disciplined and tech-savvy producer who can craft smart headlines, work under tight deadlines, and collaborate across several different departments at CNBC. The producer’s main responsibilities will be covering several hours of TV programming each day, plus working on short- and long-form original videos.
- Works on daily assignments at direction of the supervising producer of News and Programming
- Works with associate producers and editors to produce short- and long-form original digital videos
- Selecting the most newsworthy soundbites from broadcast interviews and news segments
- Crafting compelling and accurate headlines and descriptions for videos appearing on CNBC.com and other platforms
- Optimizing video clips for SEO, metadata tracking and distribution partners
- Pitching, producing and editing original digital videos, for both daily quick-turns and for our longform news explainer franchise, “The Bigger Picture”
- At least four years of experience working in a fast-paced digital or TV newsroom
- Strong writing skills and news judgment
- Ability to work under tight deadline pressures
- Ability to work noon to 8 p.m. shift, with at least three days a week in-person at CNBC’s Englewood Cliffs campus
- A strong portfolio of recent work (i.e. video clips, explainer videos, documentaries, social videos, published stories)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications such as Premiere Pro and Photoshop. Knowledge of After Effects
- Experience shooting with Canon or SONY cinema and DSLR cameras in field and studio settings
- Experience with content management systems, with an emphasis on SEO and video distribution