WJCL -TV has an opening for a strong, take-charge producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts.
Savannah, Georgia Area
May 26, 2022
The right candidate will have a track record of being creative, aggressive, have the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear, concise manner. We expect excellent news judgment and a can do attitude. Candidates must have a proven track record of winning the big story, breaking news and weather. Candidates must be fast and calm under pressure and able to play well in a room of same-minded pros.
- Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an “experience” for viewers
- Working with and guiding reporters in story production
- Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff
- In-person attendance is required
- 2 years producing experience
- Creative presentation style
- Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure and knowledge of ENPS are pluses
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered