WESH 2/CW18, the Hearst-owned NBC affiliate in the Orlando market has an opening for an experienced, take-charge producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts. T
Live Event / On Location Services
Orlando, Florida Area
Aug 22, 2023
WESH 2/CW18, the Hearst-owned NBC affiliate in the Orlando market has an opening for an experienced, take-charge producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts. This person must work well under deadlines and have the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear manner. We expect excellent news judgment, flexibility, and a positive can-do attitude. Candidates must have a proven track of aggressive breaking news coverage, creativity and strong story selection. You must be an excellent writer who takes pride in clean scripts with compelling and concise storytelling. You must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, changing news environment. Candidates must work fast under deadlines and remain calm under pressure. We are looking for a producer who understands the need for team building and great communication/relationships with colleagues.
- Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an “experience” for viewers
- Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff
- In-person attendance is required
- 2-4 years producing experience
- Creative presentation style
- Experience with ENPS is a plus
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Severe weather coverage experience is a plus
- Strong presence in the control room
- Operate Teleprompter as needed
- Must be available to work holidays, and all other shifts including overnights and nights, and be flexible and available during breaking news
- Producers who are bilingual are highly encouraged to apply
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
Day, Evening, Overnight