WFMY News 2, the CBS station in Greensboro, NC, is seeking a News Producer who can write, create and produce exciting and interesting newscasts.
Greensboro/Winston-Salem, North Carolina Area
Feb 06, 2023
Producers must be strong leaders who can fashion a story and showcase late-breaking material. The ideal candidates are creative problem solvers with strong journalistic judgment and an ability to think creatively. Our producers use social media and digital tools skillfully to create memorable newscasts. The best candidate will love news and communicate well with peers.
- Create unique newscasts or segments evoking emotion.
- Write news stories for on-air broadcasting.
- Write in an exciting, captivating, conversational, and authentic manner.
- Develop original content ideas through social listening and independent sources.
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Research for facts and credibility.
- Use consumer analytics in determining content.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- One to three years of newscast producing experience
- Understanding of the tenets of journalism
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- In your cover letter, please include links to the first segment of three newscasts you recently produced.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.