Seeking an experienced producer who is prepared to set the news agenda for the Bay Area.
The ideal candidate will bring fresh ideas and approaches to presenting complex stories to a diverse audience.
Location Not Provided
Overview and Responsibilities:
- Produce 30- or 60-minute newscasts for broadcast and/or digital platforms.
- Produce content for all digital/social media platforms
- Responsible for story selection and editorial content.
- Time programs and segments with a good sense of pacing, energy, and urgency.
- Oversee editing, script writing and creation of news graphics.
- Lead and work with assignment editors, reporters, writers and sports producers while making editorial and content decisions in accordance with department guidelines and standards.
- Effectively communicate with field reporters, tape editors and talent.
- Write news stories and all newscast teases: in a straightforward, active voice, conversational style, with proper grammar and spelling.
- Monitor wires and feed sources for updated information.
- Respond aggressively to breaking news.
- Use all production elements accurately, consistently, and creatively.
- Exercise sound news judgment.
- Make quick decisions, and clearly communicate in the control room.
- At least 3 years experience line producing with a proven track record.
- The personal and professional maturity to direct and manage a staff of experienced reporters, writers and editors.
- The demonstrated ability to attract and hold viewers with compelling teases.
- Excellent writing and production skills.
- Adept at responding to breaking news, both strategically and in the control room.
- Eagerness to incorporate new media strategies and technologies.
- Desire and ability to innovate
- Desktop editing required.
- Related College degree and/or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to sit at desk for long periods of time and operate keyboard.