11Alive, Tegna Company's NBC affiliate in Atlanta, is looking for a multi-platform Producer to help redefine the way local news is covered.
Greater Atlanta Area
Aug 16, 2021
We’re looking for self-starting journalists with proven reputations who are eager to discover the next big story. Our ideal candidates want to take what used to be known as the assignment desk to the next level. Ideally, this candidate would have great people skills, knowledge of the metro Atlanta area and the ability to develop great sources and contacts. They possess expert social media skills and have a proven track record of mining social data to find and develop stories.
- Use social media mining tools (CrowdTangle, TweetDeck, Dataminr) to discover unique content
- Develop contacts and sources to be used in newsgathering operations
- Research for facts and credibility
- Use consumer analytics in determining content
- Coordinate multiple crews and breaking stories simultaneously
- Shoot, edit and write news stories for all platforms (on-air, online, social media).
- Multitask newsgathering for several developing stories at once.
- Organize news stories for the day and follow-up.
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Previous assignment desk experience preferred
- 2-5 years of experience preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius editing software.