CBS News Face the Nation is seeking a Producer with strong editorial, reportorial and logistical skills to contribute to the weekly broadcast and digital products!
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Jun 07, 2022
They will be expected to produce pieces, cultivate video, conduct research, handle field shoots and any other tasks that may arise. This position requires a lot of adapting with the news of the moment.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of journalism experience (TV experience preferred), and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced news environment. They will have outstanding producing, editing and research skills and the ability to work with camera crews. The candidate must be available to work weekends.
- Produce and provide reporting for live segments and taped pieces from breaking news, to extended interviews, to focus groups, to obituaries, to notebook-style features
- Writing and editing scripts as needed
- Collaborate closely with moderators and correspondents to develop a story from pitch, to background interviews, to shoot, to script to edit bay to air.
- Manage remote and field shoots; including booking crews, handling accommodations, guest contacts, transmission and editorial responsibilities
- Conduct research weekly while collaborating with co-workers on question writing and background conversations with potential guests and sources to gather independent reporting
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, collaborative team player who works well with others in a fast paced, dynamic news environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to expertly juggle multiple priorities in pursuit of the story.
- Strong editorial/news judgement with ability to synthesize and disseminate information quickly and accurately.
- Workweek is Wednesday-Sunday.
- 5+ years' experience working in a deadline driven, news environment; television experience preferred.
- Broadcast and Digital experience preferred.
- College Degree in broadcast journalism, history, or political science or related field preferred, but not required.