Daily production of a quality news product as defined by the FOX 5 brand.
Accuracy, excellence in production techniques, writing, story treatment, relevance to the viewing audience, and ability to generate ratings.
- Stack and booth assigned newscast and shape overall coverage
- Write news stories, teases and headlines
- Manage team of anchors, reporters, writers and editors to ensure production of accurate, updated and engaging news content
- Attend editorial meetings and pitch/vet story ideas
- Stay informed on current affairs
- Assist reporters with logistics and proofreading scripts
- Plan future segments and book day turn newsmakers and content dictates
- Maintain strong social media presence and use it to produce and promote content
- Additional duties as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field is desired.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as line producer in working newsroom.
- Must be able to work well under extreme pressure and deadlines
- Must have solid news judgment
- Must be a consistent and solid story and tease writer
- Must show initiative and have ability to act decisively
- Must interact positively and productively with others and take feedback
- Must be a leader in a strong team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail orientated
- Must be flexible with schedule and fill-in different shifts as needed
- May produce additional cut-ins, special reports or breaking news as needed