Freedom Mobile: As a Shaw Spotlight Producer, you will be accountable for producing short features, that are meaningful, engaging, and reflect the community.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Jun 02, 2022
All facets of video production, from planning to camera work and interviewing to editing are required in this role. There will be a mix of producing content by yourself as well as collaborating with other Shaw Spotlight producers and community members. You will also utilize technical and production proficiencies to support, train, and facilitate community programming and volunteers. Content distribution and social media contributions will be a part of your regular responsibilities. On occasion you will serve in assigned crew roles for mobile and in-studio productions. You’ll be giving and receiving feedback to and from other team members across the country, so be prepared to think critically and be open to feedback. This role is perfect for someone wanting to work in all areas of television production!
This role is location specific to Quesnel/Williams Lake/Fort St. John, BC.
A typical day
Every day will be a little different. Some days you could find yourself on location filming. The next day you might be in the edit suite cutting together your next masterpiece or in meetings collaborating with other Shaw Spotlight producers from across the country. Likely, most days will involve a mix of what we just mentioned!
• Degree/diploma in Broadcast Television or Film Production, or equivalent work experience.
• Proficient in all areas of field and studio production.
• Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, ENG/EFP cameras, and DSLR cameras would be a definite advantage.
• Experience with new media/social media would be an asset.
• This role is location specific to Quesnel/Williams Lake/Fort St. John, BC.
• Some travel will be required.
• Please include a link to a recent demo reel.
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check
• As a condition of employment, all new employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination with a federally approved COVID-19 vaccine (or proof of a valid exemption)
Posting closing date: June 15, 2022