The TTF Previs Shot Creator - Training Program is a 4-week curriculum designed to give you the hands-on training needed to succeed as a Previs artist and, upon stellar completion of the program, will be offered a contract to join our artist pool as a Shot Creator.
Apr 08, 2022
Jun 01, 2022
You will have the opportunity to receive guidance and mentorship from industry professionals and be given the cinematic foundational blocks needed to flourish in the Visualization industry.
THIS PROGRAM IS OPEN TO ANIMATORS OF ALL LEVELS. We welcome applications from established animators in other areas interested in pivoting to previs/ visualization, as well as recent graduates with strong animation reels.
CURRENT DATES: June1, 2022 - June 23, 2022
Note: If you are not available on the dates above, we can consider you for future dates.
40 hour week, 9:30 am – 6:30 pm PST
No partial participation; applicants must be available 5 days a week for the full 4 weeks.
This is a PAID training program and upon stellar completion of the program you will be given priority to join our artist pool as a Shot Creator.
The Ideal candidate will be able to:
- Create sequences of shots from storyboards and/or script pages to enhance story.
- Possess a strong sense of composition, color, and animation timing.
- Establish character blocking, camera positioning and animate camera movement.
- Create realistic and compelling character animation following the 12 principles of animation.
- Animate characters, creatures, props, and vehicles.
- Understand cinematic language, camera terminology and have the ability to use motion blur, depth of field and other effects, to create realism.
- Clean up and accentuate mocap animation.
- Maintain high consistent standard of quality and speed.
- Understand shot continuity of sequence to help guide shot creation.
- Work well on a team and successfully take direction from a supervisor.
- Adapt quickly and accept change – often have to toss out ideas and start fresh.
- Create scene lighting that complements the shot and matches the sequence.
- Tweak and alter basic models and textures to complement shots.
- Have a strong desire to learn new skills and technologies.
- To qualify for the Training Program, you must be available to join the TTF workforce upon completion of the program. (Graduates only please)
- To be eligible, applicants must demonstrate the ability to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Autodesk Maya
- Adobe After Effects (a plus)
- Unreal (a plus)
You will need to submit the following:
- Demo Reel and breakdown
- Cover letter, stating why you are interested in our program and why you would be a great candidate!
- Applications are open now and will be reviewed as they are received.
- This is a remote, work from home program and hours are PST.
- Upon successful completion, this will lead to a remote or potentially on-site position in Los Angeles or Atlanta.