Assets are built quickly and must be highly optimized for real-time workflow in Maya. Our Previs Modeler must be able to take artistic direction from a wide spectrum of sources to produce environments, props, and characters that best represent the director's vision.
Assets are built quickly and must be highly optimized for real-time workflow in Maya. Our Previs Modeler must be able to take artistic direction from a wide spectrum of sources to produce environments, props, and characters that best represent the director's vision. The ideal Previs Modeler will have a strong sense of design and feel comfortable filling in the gaps of information to ensure each asset looks its best.
Strong Knowledge of low-polygon modeling is a must and as well as good knowledge of real-time OpenGL techniques for lighting and FX.
Project Based. Full Time. Remote Position. Must be in the state of California, Georgia, Texas, Oregon, Connecticut, Florida, New Jersey, New York (Outside NYC), Colorado, or Canada for remote positions.
- Design accurate models from storyboards, concept art, and/or script pages.
- Build lower resolution assets for both organic and hard surface - characters, creatures, props, and environments
- Texture, rig, and light models quickly and efficiently.
- Transfer and/or create lower resolution models from higher resolution models.
- Understand concepts that are used heavily in previs such as the creation alpha/transparency cards and animated UV's for visual effects.
- Possess an artistic eye for detail and understand the technical specifications for each project.
- Work well on a team and successfully take direction from a supervisor.
- Adapt quickly and accept change – often have to toss out ideas and start fresh.
- Maintain high consistent standard of quality and speed
- Autodesk Maya
- Substance Painter
- Autodesk Motion Builder (a plus)
- Mudbox (a plus)
- ZBrush (a plus)
- Unity or Unreal (a plus)
- To be considered: include your resume, demo reel/ portfolio link (and password, if needed), and demo reel breakdown (or, alternatively, a written detailed breakdown/contribution) with your application.
- The modeling work shown should include characters, props and environments. Wire frames and textures must be shown for proper consideration.
- Asset Builders are part of TTF’s very agile creative teams, sometimes working at various production locations for our major studio clients. Willingness to travel is a plus. This is a great chance to work on-site with some of the biggest names in the industry!
The pay scale is between $20 - $70 / hour based on experience, skillset and other factors. We work an average of 5 hours of paid overtime a week.