We’re hiring the best talent to shape and execute our editorial vision. This includes a Post-Production Manager who will be responsible for managing our post-production team which includes our video technology and tools for video production, our freelancer network and our equipment rooms including studio, edit bays and audiobooths.
Greater New York City Area
In this role, the Post-Production Manager will oversee:
- Oversee post-production team: manage career development, feedback & performance reviews
- Partner on post-production budgetary needs including technology, tools & hiring
- Set appropriate workflow and systems for managing post-production workflow.
- Establish a system for footage coming in from the field and appropriate organizational and technology needs.
- Manage and support archival footage storage, including oversight, maintenance and development of media asset management system.
- Build in training and one-sheeters for the team around post-production workflows and tools.
- Stay up to date with the latest tools and technology for post-production; bring forward solutions to the team. (e.g. Frame.io, Premiere)
- Source and hire of freelance editors, associate editors, translators and production assistants. Establish, communicate and enforce protocols.
- Standardize tracking system of freelancers including a roster and rate sheet, and oversight.
- Oversee management of studio & other video spaces in the office.
- Oversee equipment needs for the team.
- Support post-production including color and sound needs, and technical maintenance.
- Collaborate with our technology and infrastructure teams to maintain technology.
The ideal candidate will be organized and able to handle deadlines with calm and steadiness. In this role, you will work across video formats on different projects managing different post-production tasks.
- Strong operational and coordination skills to juggle multiple projects and priorities on deadline.
- A problem-solver who can think about systemic solutions.
- Solid multi-tasking skills and a strong work ethic.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate and manage a staff, and the ability to attract and develop top talent and to collaborate with other Times team leaders.
- Strong communication, leadership skills and a track record of working well and achieving results with business managers and executives.
- A commitment to The New York Times’ strategy, standards and mission, and a deep knowledge of The Times’ digital video competitors and the video landscape.