TV Post Production helms and supervises the Television post process for Sony Pictures’ live-action, scripted shows. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build on your experience and develop your skills further.
Our Emerging Talent Programs, which includes Interns, Trainees, and Finance Rotational Associates, offer unique opportunities for students, recent graduates & emerging talent to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, & other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build on your experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, and many educational and social networking opportunities.
This Spring Internship is from January through May (start and end dates are flexible based on school schedules) and all candidates must be able to work at least 10-29 hours a week, Monday through Friday in the specified location. This is not a remote role. A hybrid work structure may or may not be available.
TV Post Production helms and supervises the Television post process for Sony Pictures’ live-action, scripted shows. Our process begins while a show is being written and carries through delivery to the Network and Studio. We work closely with several teams across Sony Pictures Television ensuring every department receives what is needed including Finance, Production, Business Affairs, and TV Mastering.
- Attending internal post and production meetings to learn how Finance, Post Production, Visual Effects and Physical Production share information and support each other, both on the studio side and show-by-show
- Learn from the department directors how we find talent and bring them onboard our projects, as well as the basics of putting together a post-production schedule for a show
- Be walked through the VFX bids process
- Learn about and assist with wrapping out shows
- Assist in managing the team’s calendar and calls
- Help wiping drives so they can be used by future shows
- Help to keep Database of available post staff updated
- Must be proficient in the Microsoft Suite.
- Must be able to lift/move boxes of paperwork and hard drives.
- A desire to concentrate on post production, specifically in Television.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $19/hour. This role may also qualify for comprehensive benefits.