We are seeking a Post Production Executive/manager to plan, execute, track progress, and manage the delivery of all assets from third party productions to Amazon Studios for all live and near-live events.
This includes planning quick-turn post production workflows, maintaining schedules, following up on outstanding deliverables, and organizing assets for delivery to Prime Video. The role will coordinate with third-party vendors on work related to the editing and versioning of assets, ensuring the highest quality standards, tracking expenditures for all production department related work orders, and distributing assets for Public Relations, Marketing, and International Localization needs. This role will work directly with our Sr. Post Production Live and Near live executive, Content Licensing and Development teams. This role will also be responsible for evaluating new post-related products and providing thoughtful advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of asset management areas, including potential vendors, archival solutions, and new technologies.
You will work to develop and maintain a network of post-production vendors, studio partners and freelance candidates in order to consistently deliver premium content for our customers. You will analyze unique workflows and technical capabilities to maintain Amazon’s high-quality bar while also supporting our creative partners’ visions. This role will represent Amazon Unscripted Post Live and near Live in senior executive meetings, provide the insights into post-production schedules, budgets, and workflows that senior leaders require to make greenlight and other strategic decisions. You will regularly work with the leaders in Production, Development, Strategy, Business Affairs, Legal, Localization, Mastering, Post Production Technology, Partner Operations, Compliance, Content Security, Marketing, and Public Relations from our Culver Studios Headquarters.
Key job responsibilities
• Oversee on-time delivery and on-budget execution for live and near-live series projects in development, production, and post production
• Oversee and approve post-production budgets, bids, and schedules
• Vet series staff and vendors
• Negotiate and finalize deals for post services
• Create and support robust media workflows from field acquisition to post production environments and editorial.
• Liaise between producers and the Amazon Studios teams
• Coordinate with production and development departments to assess scope and challenges of projects
• Collaborate closely with internal Localization, Mastering, and Technology teams in preparing global releases
• Engage with Marketing, Public Relations, and Prime Video team members to deliver assets
• Evaluate and liaison between engineers and technical directors creating and supporting robust media pipelines for final delivery
• Travel as required in support of show planning and execution
10+ years of experience as a post producer or post executive
5+ years of experience in budgeting, scheduling and technical workflows
• 5 + years of experience as Post Producer/Post Executive or the equivalent
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills
• Team people manager with a strong leadership and training skillset.
• Organized and with great attention to detail
• Understanding of budgeting, scheduling and technical workflows
• Post and editorial problem-solving ability
• Understanding of Live and Near Live workflows
• Experience in various television and film post production environments
• Experience with scheduling post vendors and creating delivery schedules from the beginning to end of production cycles
• Experience with delivery of assets to studios
• Experience with variety of digital media workflows
• Knowledge of wide array of media asset types
• Experience with international subtitling and dubbing workflows
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet deadlines