We are looking for a talented, self-starting, technical editor with a dedication to detail and quality to join our news editing team at our facility in Dallas, TX, USA.
Dallas/Fort Worth Area
Nov 17, 2022
Primary responsibilities will be to manage the daily task workload and delegate work among the editing team. Preferred if the candidate has expert knowledge in editing and troubleshooting abilities and step-in to edit when needed. Strong capacity to work in a high-stress, fast-paced daily TV environment while maintaining production standards and efficiency will be imperative to this role.
Day-to-day responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Oversee the online editing and audio sweetening of video packages produced by the producers/editors.
- QC (quality control) the production of media files for final air and distribution to digital partners.
- Deliver assets from post production to EVS, ensuring audio levels are correct and formats are broadcast safe.
- Input production data into Octopus (workflow management program) and use that for the communication and production of delivered video packages and programs.
NOTE: This role requires flexibility with working all shift schedules; as they need to be available on a rotating schedule, based on the needs of the business. Varying schedules include: 9am-5pm, 11pm-7pm.
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in Television or Film production or 3+ years related experience (e.g., a television network, network affiliate, major film studio, production company or advertising agency) and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with supervising production personnel and scheduling production facilities is essential.
- Solid technical background in post-production is an absolute requirement. Must have thorough knowledge of linear and nonlinear editing techniques, audio pre-lay and mixing methodologies and media file formats, animated graphics, other miscellaneous equipment used in the day-to-day post-production process.
- A detailed understanding of file-based post-production workflows is required.
- Knowledge of Mac and Windows operating systems, spreadsheets, database systems, and general word processing.
- Well-organized and detailed person with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be even-keeled and work in a space of tight deadlines and simultaneously managing all on-air scheduling.
Day, Evening, Overnight