KUOW Puget Sound Public Radio: Under the supervision of the Senior Editor, the Podcast Producer will create sound-rich audio narratives that will help listeners better understand their world through perspectives that illuminate, intrigue and surprise.
Audio / Music / Sound
Greater Seattle Area
Apr 26, 2022
Ideal candidates are driven to present historically underrepresented voices, embrace the ambiguity that comes with the creative process and bring curiosity, positivity and honesty when it comes to feedback and brainstorming.
If you’re excited to experiment with a broad range of creative ideas, the Podcast Producer position is a great fit for you!
We know that not everyone hones their audio skills the same way, so, if you read the requirements and think you’re a good fit, don’t hesitate! We are open to candidates from non-traditional public radio backgrounds.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Senior Editor and host to develop ideas for podcast series;
- Pre-interview guests and provide hosts with background research;
- Write host introductions and interview questions;
- Oversee studio recording sessions;
- Mix audio pieces and prepare podcasts for publishing;
- Gather sound, conduct interviews in the field as assigned; and
- Perform related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of professional broadcast journalism experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of professional broadcast and journalistic standards and practices.
- Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
- Background in news writing, radio production, and audio editing software.
- Track record of producing enterprise stories with impact
- Impeccable journalistic integrity and editorial judgment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to professionally represent the station; familiarity with and appreciation for public radio style programming.