Marvel New Media is seeking a Podcast Producer who will be integral to the operation and growth of the audio component of its podcast, studio, field, and live event business.
Greater New York City Area
This New York-based production team is tasked with the creation of audio & video content, from promotional material to original entertainment that will be distributed on all key Marvel and social media platforms.
- Will work directly with multiple lines of business to support company goals
- Will collaborate with the team to determine the editorial content of multiple podcast series, both original content and content that supports other Marvel lines of business
- Will oversee an Assistant Audio Producer on day-to-day operations
- Will maintain the budgets of multiple podcast series
- Will produce live events and panels at various conferences across the country
- Will consult on the maintenance of in-house creative space
- Will train and work with hosts and producers with research and interview prep, often on short notice
- Will source and train external freelance support, tape-syncers, etc.
- Will oversee recordings in studio and in the field – travel outside of NYC is likely
- Will oversee the coordination, uploading and publishing of completed podcast episodes
- This candidate will be responsible for overseeing the growth, operation, and consistent quality of multiple podcast series, both non-fiction and narrative based
- 5 years of audio industry experience
- Proven track record of building and growing successful podcasts
- Experience maintaining budgets
- Strong understanding of narrative storytelling for both fiction and non-fiction
- Mastery of Pro Tools, iZotope software, and studio, field and post-production audio work
- Strong communication skills, extreme attention to detail and the ability to multi-task several projects at once
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment while remaining composed and productive
- Ability to work independently within a collaborative, team setting
- Basic to strong knowledge of the Marvel brand and its characters
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with people at various levels of production
Candidate will report to the Director of Audio Development.
Bachelor's degree (Music/TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience