TheGrio is seeking a Podcast Audio/Video Editor to work on our slate of new podcasts. The ideal candidate will have professional experience in podcasts, audio and video production, as well as both studio and field recording.
Audio / Music / Sound
Greater Atlanta Area
Nov 11, 2022
The ideal candidate will be able to edit together compelling stories from interviews, audio clips, and commentary, and serve as a full-on collaborator with podcast hosts and producers.
Candidates should have a minimum two years of audio or digital platform experience, proficiency in audio production tools (ProTools, Audition, or Audacity) and work on deadline.
- Executing assignments with a strong understanding of TheGrio’s voice, brand and mission.
- Excellent audio editing, special effects, and creative sound design.
- Working with podcast producers to shape and execute an ambitious narrative work.
- Shaping the edit around the episode concepts and providing editorial input.
- Working as a team player capable of clearly communicating with key stakeholders.
- Collaborating with hosts and media teams to meet their vision and clarify storyline when editing interviews into episodes, but also comfortable working autonomously.
- Willingness to collaborate across platforms, products and businesses.
- Ensuring each show meets the highest audio quality standards.
- Editing 6-10 show episodes each week on deadline.
- Cooperatively collaborates on production and post-production.
- Diligently keeping up with schedules, and workflows for all podcasts.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely management of an audio library, archives, and music.
- Managing time so that podcast episodes and special features meet regular production schedules.
- Sourcing audio material for each episode.
- Ensuring the highest quality sound and video products.
- Guiding and supporting junior staff on edits.
- Managing episode uploads and publication, and organizing files in a storage system.
- Maintaining standards and practices guidelines.
- Proactively supporting a healthy newsroom culture with high performance and quality commitments.
- Helping the teamwork through technical issues and anticipate technical needs.
- Stays up to date on news and current affairs pertaining to Black America and the diaspora.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in communications, journalism, Web production or related subject preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience producing digital content at a major news network or online news publication.
- Have a firm understanding of rights and clearances, and thoroughly track sources of material for licensing.
- Must have expert-level experience with all aspects of digital video production.
- Proven knowledge of online production and multimedia storytelling, online publishing systems and technologies.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills and works well under deadline pressure.
- Story-driven editing and producing experience.
- Strong knowledge of current events.
- Passionate about amplifying the news and culture of Black people.
Must be willing and able to work flexible hours as needed including weekends, holidays, and overnights, under tight deadline pressure, occasionally with little or no warning as needed for essential publication
Day, Evening, Overnight