Ubisoft Film & Television is seeking to fill its Film and Television Physical Production Assistant position.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Aug 18, 2021
The successful candidate will be a collaborative team member with a friendly attitude and determined work ethic. We need someone exceptionally well-organized and able to effectively multi-task & prioritize, taking initiative wherever possible and budgeting time for special projects. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a proactive ability to anticipate needs and react efficiently and calmly in the face of changes.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manages the calendars and appointments for Physical Production Department
- Schedules a high volume of internal and external meetings, via live, video conference, and conference calls
- Prepares materials for internal and external meetings – agendas, prep sheets with information on credits etc.
- Manages the phones for Production Department
- Answers, logs and tracks external calls
- Updates and maintains a contact database for Physical Production Department
- Maintains and organizes a project database for Physical Production Department
- Sorts and files all relevant project materials-notes, drafts, budgets, schedules, call sheets, crew lists, wrap reports —on the server to be easily accessible by the Physical Production department
- Prepares monthly expense reports for Production Department
- Schedules and manages project and festival travel for Production Department
- Works directly with the directors, writers, producers, and postproduction teams on projects in development and/or filming in various capacities as necessary
- Liaises with Ubisoft IT and UFT’s Office Manager to make sure that the Film and Television group’s technical, supply and space needs are met
- Manages special research projects for all departments on an as-needed basis, regarding but not limited to case studies on production companies and studios, Budget comparisons, Tax incentive comparisons, crew credits and production trends
- Maintains an excel spreadsheet of current production trends that could be utilized by UFT’s slate
- Tracks emerging filmmakers practices and Below the Line Crew that may be of interest for current projects
- Engages and creates relationships with the entertainment industry assistant network, providing useful intel on potential creative or financial partners
- Works with the Manager of Physical Production to keep the Production handbook up to date.
- Attends meetings as needed to take notes to then communicate action items
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Detail-oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Experience with the Microsoft Suite