The Photojournalist Original Content, direct production shoots for original and long form edits. Shoot and edit video on deadline and operate segment gathering equipment for original programming and long form programming.
Greater New York City Area
Jun 23, 2021
What we’re looking for: The Photojournalist Original Content, direct production shoots for original and long form edits. Shoot and edit video on deadline and operate segment gathering equipment for original programming and long form programming. This includes magazine, special, documentary, and arts and cultural shows, and other assigned content. Ensure unity of message among all brand shooting. Coordinate with other staff to determine shoot objectives. Research, develop, write, and edit, shoot, enterprise and produce compelling original and long form programming segments. Contribute to special features and stories. Participate in coordinating coverage of major stories, breaking news and specials.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Strategizing Content with Editorial & Social Media Analytics.
- Coordinate video production for original programming and long form programming.
- Shoot and edit video on deadline. Responsible for the look and quality of footage.
- Direct shoots in field.
- Direct and choose equipment for shoots.
- Create visuals for original long form programming segments working alongside Executive Producers, Senior Producers, and Producers.
- Combine video, audio and graphics to tell the story effectively.
- Manage general upkeep of company equipment.
- Work with video newsgathering equipment such as lighting, lenses, and tripods.
- Provide guidance on capabilities and means to optimize video opportunities.
- Analyze subject material, select equipment, lighting, angle and background; select and present subject to achieve desired effect, with attention to lighting, background composition and style.
- Choose and utilize a wide variety of video newsgathering equipment, including lenses, lightings, filters, etc.
- Use video editing software to modify and create images meeting defined style requirements; edit and enhance images; apply special effects and color correction as needed.
- Identify and pitch long form story ideas.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for representing the station in a professional manner.
- Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to shoot and edit video as well as light and shoot multi camera interviews
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work under time pressure deadline
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest of current events
- Must be a curious, creative and critical thinker always looking for stories
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate solutions
- Ability to interface with internal company personnel
- Requires adaptability, enthusiasm, initiative and a positive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work with bonded cellular live streaming technology
- Ability to formulate questions and conduct interviews in the field as needed
- Valid driver’s license for authorized driving in the State of residence
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field or comparable television work experience preferred
- 5 + years Shooting and editing linear or digital news footage experience
- Every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude! Roles may require the following:
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines
- Varying schedule due to, breaking news and/or daily news coverage requirements
- Provide 24x7, 365 days per year, on-call support. May entail phone or physical presence at the facility for equipment failure or other disasters. This includes, but is not limited to equipment and power failures, loss of contracted services, storms or severe weather, and schedule conflicts
- Participation in an established on-call rotation
Day, Evening, Overnight