WNBC is looking for a creative master storyteller who can use the latest technology to help our news team gather and present compelling news stories to our viewers. You will be part of the number one News Operations team in the number one market responsible for gathering and editing spot news as well as long form content.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New York City Area
Nov 01, 2023
WNBC is looking for a creative master storyteller who can use the latest technology to help our news team gather and present compelling news stories to our viewers. You will be part of the number one News Operations team in the number one market responsible for gathering and editing spot news as well as long form content. You will be responsible for setting up live shots leveraging the latest bonded cellular, satellite and microwave technologies in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Fully knowledgeable in all aspects of newsgathering workflows.
- Fully knowledgeable with ENG news cameras such as Panasonic and Sony and their file-based workflows.
- Fully knowledgeable with operation of ENG / SNG / IPNG Live Trucks.
- Prior experience with the Operation of CBNG Packs such as Dejero and LiveU.
- Ability to creatively shoot both short and long form packages as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of basic 3-point lighting techniques.
- High Proficiency with Adobe Premiere a must.
- Adhere to strict broadcast standards.
- Interact with operations and news management to discuss, plan, and implement ENG needs.
- Valid Driver’s License with a good record.
- Candidate must be willing to join NABET Union.
- 5+ Years working in television news preferably in a top 10 news market.
- Candidate must be able to work under stress and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work both as a team and independently.
- Excellent Story Telling Skills with sound news judgment.
- In-depth experience (2+ years) Adobe Premiere or similar NLE.
- Must have a strong understanding of computers and IT workflow.
- Basic understanding of digital video codecs and file transfer protocols.
- Strong Analytical & Problem-Solving Skills.
- Strong Interpersonal skills with ability to interface with all levels of management & user community.
- Must be able to carry 50 lbs. of equipment (Camera, Tripod, lighting)
- Follow and adhere to all NBC EHS requirements
- Willing to work all shifts and schedules.
- Willing to travel as needed.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Bachelor's degree in Communication
- Basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Excellent organizational Skills
- Proactive Approach