ABC57 News located in South Bend, IN seeks an experienced and creative Photojournalist/Editor for high-quality storytelling.
Sep 19, 2022
We want someone who can bring out the emotion of stories through video, editing, and dramatic lighting while handling an early morning schedule.
- Shooting and editing of VOs, VO-SOTs and packages
- Working with the Assignment Desk to cover daily stories.
- Gathers and edits video and still pictures for digital platforms
- Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
- Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
- Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video.
- Will produce content for our online platforms
- Other duties as assigned
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for job, if not currently employed by Weigel Broadcasting Co.
- On-site work required. Remote work is not available.
- High School diploma and/or GED
- Flexible with scheduling. May be required to work early mornings, holidays, weekends, as needed.
- Experience with camera operation and non-linear editing.
- Must be able to respond quickly to breaking news, ability to operate ENG and cellular bonded technology.
- Previous experience with broadcast technology a plus.
- Requires a valid driver’s license, insurability, and schedule flexibility.