NBC10 Boston, NECN and Telemundo Boston is looking for a team player to join us as a News Photographer. In this role, you will be responsible for shooting and editing stories, including spot news and features.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Boston Area
Mar 09, 2023
- Through the creative use of the camera, and proficient lighting and editing skills, will provide the viewer with a story on a given topic.
- Will operate ENG camera, live truck, and edit on Premiere edit systems.
- Respond quickly to breaking news while taking direction and interacting with the assignment desk, reporters/anchors, production, control room, and appropriate Telemundo/NBC personnel.
- Minimum 3 years of experience shooting video and knowledge of live remote capabilities in a Broadcast station.
- Minimum 3 years of experience operating IP transmission devices (i.e. Derero, LiveU, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years of experience operating communication tools and staying connected with the assignment constituencies (i.e. use of email software, cell phone, messaging tools, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years of experience editing stories.
- External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Needham, MA
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must submit a reel of own work to be considered.
- Physical requirements required to perform medium/heavy physical work which includes:
- ~Lifting and carrying camera equipment ranging from 15 lbs. to 30 lbs. (in camera weight) for extended periods of time to shoot on remote locations.
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift.
- Must be 18 years or greater.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal’s Alternative Dispute Resolution program.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years Photography/editing experience in a medium or major market TV News station
- Knowledge of P2 Panasonic cameras and Premiere edit systems.
- Knowledge of wireless newsgathering technology
- Team player who is flexible
- Bilingual: Spanish and English; both written and verbal
- Must be self-motivated, collaborative and possess a high level of creativity to tell stories with sound and images; strong NPPA-style preferred
Day, Evening, Overnight