KMGH - Denver7, the Scripps ABC Station in Denver, Colorado is looking for an experienced Photographer / Photo Journalist to joint the team.
Greater Denver Area
The ideal candidate will capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms as well as operate satellite news gathering equipment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms
- Work closely with newsroom personnel to create and develop news stories
- Responsible for operating various news gathering equipment, including but not limited to microwave live truck, video camera, and video editing equipment
- Drive and operate a Satellite News Gathering (SNG) truck with multiple uplink (analog and digital) and multi-camera production capability
- Maintain satellite uplink logs and reports as required by law
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
- Drive company vehicle for business purposes
- Utilize graphics software packages for enhanced editing and appealing visual content
- Knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to station's Web sites
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Proficiency with lighting and advanced computer based editing, including Final Cut Pro and AfterEffects
- Proficiency with live microwave truck and SNG truck operations
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to station's web sites
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
Annual Salary: $55,000.00 - 65000
- A career path to grow your professional experiences
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as certain other health and wellness benefits
- Retirement savings plan with company match
- Other key company benefits include disability accident insurance, hospital indemnity, critical illness, life insurance, AD&D, ID protection, pet discount program, and employee assistance program. More details about timing and conditions of benefits eligibility and other plan terms and conditions will be provided upon hire.