The Local Media News team at TelevisaUnivision in Miami is looking for a Photographer/Editor to join our team! You will be responsible for shooting and editing news and other events for TV and Digital productions, both live and recorded.
Live Event / On Location Services
Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area
Nov 10, 2023
The Local Media News team at TelevisaUnivision in Miami is looking for a Photographer/Editor to join our team!
You will be responsible for shooting and editing news and other events for TV and Digital productions, both live and recorded. You will work closely with producers, reporters, and control room to ensure flawless execution of on-air product.
You will report to the Chief Photographer.
You can shoot images that speaks volumes, can see beyond the lens, and you have a passion for storytelling. You are accustomed to working in a high-energy environment, multi-task and meet tight deadlines. You are able to work flexible hours, including holidays, weekends, and evenings, as well as during inclement weather such as Hurricanes.
- Produce and report news stories using ENG equipment, non-linear editing equipment, mobile device and related broadcasting equipment and newsroom computer systems.
- Go to news sites in all types of weather and capture newsworthy events as they happen.
- Work alone and/or closely with our Reporters to produce compelling, significant stories.
- Edit video for daily news coverage, special projects, and sweep period pieces
- Maintain assigned photography gear and vehicles and operate in a safe manner
- Provide pictures and short/snap videos from the field for our Social Media platforms; might be required to upload video, digital pictures, and copy to the station’s website
- Set up and operate Live U equipment as well as microwave ENG trucks as needed.
- Technical/College degree, but may consider 2 years’ experience in lieu of degree if all qualifications are met
- 2 years experience as Photographer/Editor in a mid to large TV market. South Florida market and community awareness is a plus.
- Fluency in English and Spanish, both written and oral
- A thorough knowledge of all ENG practices, and ability to drive and operate all necessary equipment, including equipment used in live transmissions. Valid Florida driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Working knowledge of television news photography and technology
- Ability to lift and carry broadcast video equipment (approximately 45 pounds), and have manual dexterity in use of keyboard, video editing equipment (linear and non-linear) video machines, server-based video editing and playback systems and other broadcast equipment.
- Personal computer experience required, including non-linear editing equipment