Charlotte, NC WCNC-TV in Charlotte is looking for a highly skilled video editor/photojournalist to join our news team. We are seeking highly skilled, artistic editors and photographers who can create sharable and exciting content for television, social media and mobile.
This role will spend some shifts editing for newscasts and some shifts out in the field. We want journalists who can tell great stories on their own or with a team. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the latest editing software, tools and techniques as well as the latest photography tools and standards. They quickly create unique and exciting content on all platforms. They are proficient with live news gathering tools, like TVU.
• Edit, file and post a variety of video elements including voice-overs, packages, high-end animations and bumpers.
• Operate non-linear edit systems, experience with Edius and Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere & After Effects) is a plus.
• Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
• Cover breaking news, general assignment, sports, feature, investigative, and political news stories. Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
• Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest.
• Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• 2-5 years of experience preferred
• Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems - preferably in a local TV news department environment.
• Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• Demonstrated social media proficiency, especially in the field, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
• SNG experience a plus
• Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
• Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
• Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
• Knowledge in non-linear editing systems
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.