First Coast News is looking for a highly skilled artistic Visual Storyteller! We are seeking a photographer and editor who can create sharable and exciting content for television, social media and mobile.
Jacksonville, Florida Area
Aug 31, 2022
We want journalists who can tell great stories on their own or with a team, photographers who bring new ideas for the future of journalism.
Our ideal candidates are familiar with the latest photography, editing tools and techniques. They create unique and exciting content on all platforms. They are proficient with live news gathering tools and can participate in live performance on air and on live streaming when necessary.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories, including Edius and Adobe Products
- Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
- Contact sources and develop news stories. Cover breaking, general, sports, feature, investigative, and political news stories. Produce news stories that are unique and captivating
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas
- Edit and post video and text content stories for website
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor
- Current driver’s license and ability to operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field or relevant experience
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Demonstrated social media proficiency, especially in the field, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
- Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Must be able to handle the physical demands of a photojournalist
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.