FOX 13 and FOX 13+, the FOX O&O duopoly in Seattle is seeking a photojournalist with experience to join our news team. The primary role of the photojournalist is to be an NPPA-style visual storyteller.
Greater Seattle Area
Dec 28, 2022
- This role will shoot, co-produce, edit, and present images with sound for multiple platforms including television, digital, and social media.
- As a news photojournalist, you must be a go-getter.
- This position requires the ability to go live in breaking news situations and multi-task by shooting video, editing, and feeding raw and edited material.
- Must be willing to conduct interviews on your own including man-on-the-street and “go live” as a performer in breaking news situations.
- The successful candidate must have an understanding of bonded cellular technology and live truck operations, experience operating ENG/KU/IP vehicles and equipment is preferred.
- Must be able to use field lighting to produce well-lit content, as needed.
- Experience with non-linear editing equipment, such as Edius and/or Adobe Premiere is required. Experience with Sony XDCam Camera format is a plus.
- FAA license to operate a drone is a plus.
- Knowledge of iNews and desktop editing are preferred.
- Some writing and voiceover experience is also desirable/preferred.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- You must be a self-motivated, creative storyteller with strong shooting and editing skills on multiple platforms.
- The successful candidate must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience, as a photojournalist/editor in a television news department.
- A willingness and ability to travel for story assignments, including international travel is also desirable.
- The news is a 24/7 world, and we’ll work with you on a regular work schedule that could occasionally change to fit the needs for mornings, nights, weekends or holidays.
- Must have a valid credit card, valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record.