First Coast News is is looking for a highly skilled artistic Visual Storyteller! We are seeking a photographer and editor who can create sharable and exciting content for television, social media and mobile.
Live Event / On Location Services
Jacksonville, Florida Area
May 22, 2023
First Coast News is is looking for a highly skilled artistic Visual Storyteller! We are seeking a photographer and editor who can create sharable and exciting content for television, social media and mobile. We want journalists who can tell great stories on their own or with a team, photographers who bring new ideas for the future of journalism.
Our ideal candidates are familiar with the latest photography, editing tools and techniques. They create unique and exciting content on all platforms. They are proficient with live news gathering tools and can participate in live performance on air and on live streaming when necessary.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories, including Edius and Adobe Products
- Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
- Contact sources and develop news stories. Produce news stories that are unique and captivating
- Cover breaking, general, sports, weather stories and features, often in partnership with our multiskilled journalists.
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas
- Edit and post video and text content stories for website
- Operate live units
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Perform other tasks as required by Chief Photographer, or other News Managers and Assignment Editors.
- Experience and passion in photojournalism and editing
- Experience with Edius, Avid, and/or Adobe Premiere a plus
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Excellent news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Work Environment: Outdoors
Physical Demands: Medium work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.