WJAC is looking for a creative and dedicated full-time Photographer! We are seeking someone who can see beyond the camera lens and bring back compelling stories filled with sequences and natural sound.
In this role, you will cover day-to-day general, in-depth features and investigative assignments. We expect all our shooters to produce NPPA quality visuals and audio for daily stories. We shoot on Sony PXW-X400 cameras and use Avid Media Composers in-house and in the field for editing. Our news crews have all the tools to win daily coverage and we expect our team to win breaking news, extreme weather coverage, and the story of the day.
- We are looking for an aggressive team player who can produce good stories under tight deadlines
- Must have a demo reel that demonstrates NPPA storytelling
- Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record, and be able to operate ENG news vehicles
- At least two years of newsroom videographer experience and technical knowledge of editing and video camera equipment
- Ability to edit and shoot general assignment stories, live shots, and natural sound packages
- Must be able to lift and carry between 25 and 50 pounds on a regular basis Desired Skills
- Ability to produce engaging and creative visuals for all stories
- Degree in a related field preferred
- Field lighting experience, Avid experience, After Effects experience