WJZ-TV CBS Baltimore has an immediate opening for a full-time News Photographer. Multi-skilled Photographers are responsible for covering news stories and events by shooting incredible pictures, telling phenomenal stories through creative editing, and serving the on-air and digital audiences with reliable and technically skilled live remotes.
Live Event / On Location Services
Baltimore, Maryland Area
Jul 14, 2023
WJZ-TV CBS Baltimore has an immediate opening for a full-time News Photographer. Baltimore is a fast-paced, news-soaked city, sandwiched between DC and Philadelphia. And WJZ is a long-time leader in the market.
Our next Photojournalist must be multi-skilled and independent, with the ability to do whatever it takes to get the job done on their own or with partners. Our candidate should be technically skilled and be eager to continue learning and evolving as new technologies are deployed. This person must be a great teammate to join our award-winning staff and see their on-air, production, and engineering colleagues as partners who all striving for the success of the station.
Multi-skilled Photographers are responsible for covering news stories and events by shooting incredible pictures, telling phenomenal stories through creative editing, and serving the on-air and digital audiences with reliable and technically skilled live remotes.
A successful candidate must have the ability to capture compelling visuals and audio at the speed of news with a “can-do” approach and drive.
- Safely & competently operate news-gathering equipment including cameras, light kits, microphones, and tripods.
- Edit content quickly and accurately in-house or in the field.
- Proficiently use GoPro cameras and incorporate them into daily storytelling.
- Follow CBS and OSHA safety standards.
- Must have or be eligible to acquire, and maintain, a valid Maryland driver’s license
- FAA Part 107 Commercial Drone certified a big plus.
- Sony XD camera experience is helpful - P2 and JVC camera experience is acceptable.
- Edius experience is a definite plus - Premiere, Final Cut, and Avid expertise are all qualifying skills.
- Excellent technical and skills. At WJZ that includes phenomenal lighting of interviews and live shots.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-stakes, tight-deadline environment.
- Must be a self-starter and competitive, with excellent people and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic, positive disposition & leadership qualities with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to lift, handle and work with at least 50 pounds of equipment.
- Must be able to work assigned schedules which may include early mornings, nights, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Dejero, Live-U and/or TVU live operations experience is required.
- ENG & SNG Live Truck experience preferred but not required.