WWL-TV/WUPL-TV is searching for a highly motivated photographer to join our team and raise our level of excellence in visual storytelling.
We are seeking a skilled, artistic photojournalist who can also edit using the latest non-linear tools to create shareable content critical to all of our communities in Southeast Louisiana.
Our ideal candidate is a strong journalist committed to the creation of content on all platforms, digital and broadcast. This journalist should have high standards for the quality of the work, and the ethics necessary for producing solid journalism.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Cover breaking, general, sports, feature, investigative, and political news stories.
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
- Edit and post video to website and social media platforms.
- Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest.
- Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
- Stream live content when appropriate to websites and social media platforms.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or Executive Producer.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Demonstrated social media proficiency, especially in the field, including an active presence on Twitter and Facebook
- SNG experience a plus
- Demonstrated news judgment, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers.
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.