Shopbop is seeking an experienced fashion Photographer to join our e-commerce photography team in our Madison, WI studio. The successful candidate will demonstrate a proven knowledge of the fashion industry and the ability to raise the creative bar through commercially-relevant imagery.
Shopbop is seeking an experienced fashion Photographer to join our e-commerce photography team in our Madison, WI studio. The successful candidate will demonstrate a proven knowledge of the fashion industry and the ability to raise the creative bar through commercially-relevant imagery. The ability to work within interdependent teams is a must. The right person will have an understanding of the balance needed between artistry, organization, communication and cooperation to create visually compelling imagery while maintaining visual and technical standards.
Key job responsibilities
• Produce high quality images, ensuring they are color consistent and correctly exposed;
• Perform specific categories of standardized photography with a high level of competence;
• Work with lead photographers in the areas of lighting, visual aesthetics and technical problem-solving;
• Image workflow handling for ~3000+ files per day;
• Verify color accuracy and perform corrections as needed;
• Verify image standards are maintained and escalate issues to Photography, Styling, Coordinators, Inventory, Art Direction or Imaging team POCs;
• Use proprietary asset management systems to track and complete products meeting timeline needs;
• Troubleshoot on-set photography challenges decisively;
• Execute creative direction and articulate rationale for decisions in support of on-brand vision;
• Improve processes for studio performance against operational metrics and budget;
• Innovate ways to shoot new categories or initiatives;
• Upkeep studio equipment, props and supplies;
• Follow new processes and provide feedback to ensure successful implementation;
• Create customer-facing video assets for product imaging from start to finish.
• Photography degree or equivalent industry experience;
• 2+ years experience in fast paced e-commerce studio(s);
• Excellent command of lighting and photography software (Photoshop, Capture One, Bridge and Lightroom);
• Strong understanding of color profile management policies and best practices, including the ability to color shift and manage multiple peripheral devices;
• Ability to work in a constantly changing, fast paced, e-commerce setting;
• Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with other team members;
• Exceptional work ethic and attention to detail;
• Strong portfolio featuring fashion photography categories;
• Understanding of the video production process, equipment, technology and roles;
• Experience in communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams for tech or experimentation related functions.
• Editorial shooting experience a plus;
• Network within the fashion industry;
• Familiarity with Mac OSX networking protocols, including scripting capabilities.