Pixar: As a People Partner, you will drive amazing, innovative work by building trust and partnering with our studio leaders, helping them to manage through change and complexity while making sure all decisions are made thoughtfully with studio goals and direction in mind.
As a People Partner, you will drive amazing, innovative work by building trust and partnering with our studio leaders, helping them to manage through change and complexity while making sure all decisions are made thoughtfully with studio goals and direction in mind. In this role you will provide valuable guidance, thought partnership, programs, and developmental offerings - all in service of supporting our filmmaking processes and studio goals. You'll be an advocate of Pixar’s culture and values: Community, Innovation, Ownership, and Authenticity. You will inspire and influence by modeling optimism, opting in (taking ownership), acting with integrity and an open mind, and fostering inclusion in all facets of your work.
You will be a part of the People Partner team (aka HR Business Partner Team), which is a +function of the broader People Team. You will work collaboratively across People Team functions (People Operations, Recruiting, Inclusion Strategies, Leadership Development, Benefits and Wellness), as well as the studio teams you support. The People Partner reports to the Director, People Partners. Each People Partner supports a dedicated group of employees and leaders (the client group).
Client Group: This role will support the Studio Technology functions at Pixar. This includes Studio Tools and Research, Systems, RenderMan, and Production Technology Teams (Technical Department Heads and Visual Effects Supervisors).
- Dedicated partner, advisor, and coach to a client group consisting of Executive (VP+) Leaders, multiple levels of management, and individual contributors
- Develop and demonstrate a deep understanding of Pixar Production processes, roles, culture and practices to support your influence on strategy and informed decision making
- Act as a change agent to drive cultural change in line with Studio values and goals. Develop and drive people engagement strategies in our day to day work that feed a culture where all employees are respected and valued
- Provide insightful data and leverage the unique nature of Pixar culture and ways of working to guide decision making and provide creative solutions. Translate short and long-term studio and department / business function goals into HR project and program recommendations
- Leverage subject-matter expertise and relationship building skills to act as a thought partner - educate, coach, and collaborate with leaders on key organizational and management issues. For example: leading through uncertainty, identifying and prioritizing what problems are most important to solve first, talent planning and organizational development, employee engagement, and performance management and feedback
- Proactively assess client groups' organizational performance, identify talent gaps, propose creative HR solutions and ideas that support our filmmaking and studio goals.
- Plan and lead organization design and change management projects to streamline and implement new structures, roles, and/or processes that create efficiency and support shifting business demands
- Collaborate with People Partner team members and continually strive to provide ‘best practice’ HR advice and support, through information sharing internally and external benchmarking - we strive to share best practices, brainstorm new ideas, and problem solve together as a team
- Partner closely with client leadership and Inclusion Strategies to understand and integrate DE&I strategies into plans, programs, and practices to ensure an inclusive approach to how we work together
- Support our studio’s full employee lifecycle approach to supporting employee experience. Partner with leaders and stakeholders on workforce planning, on-boarding, development, performance management, succession planning, talent movement and retention using people analytics and insights as well as a deep understanding of Pixar’s culture and filmmaking processes
This could be the perfect job for you, if:
- You are a strategic thinker with a passion for creative problem solving with big impact. You take a comprehensive approach toward your work, with a keen understanding of the big picture. You are often able to see things ahead of others. You seek to recognize the root cause of a situation and question assumptions to understand the why
- You understand that the value of our role as a People Partner is not measured only in the work delivered, but in the approach : diplomacy, critical thinking, curiosity, and trust are mission-critical to your success in this role
- You are a relationship-builder and are open and approachable. You demonstrate a genuine interest in people and in seeing their perspective. You work hard to establish trust and have a gift for connecting with and relating to others
- You are adaptable, resilient, flexible and resourceful. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity
- You are an excellent listener and communicator. You listen intently ensuring others feel listened to. You communicate thoughtfully, directly, and clearly
- You lead with curiosity and are observant. You take initiative to learn what you don’t already know. You ask questions and strive to learn and understand. You look below the surface and connect the dots
- You believe in an objective and equitable approach. You develop solutions that balance the needs of the business and the employees and your work is concentrated in the intersection of the two
- You take ownership. You drive projects and tasks to completion. You take responsibility for your work and your actions. You own your mistakes and learn from them. You hold yourself accountable
- You are a great teammate who believes in the power of ''we''. You are encouraging to peers and colleagues and enjoy engaging with others to spark ideas and creativity. You share your point of view, and know how to navigate differences of opinion in a respectful, kind, and professional manner
- Proven track record of successfully building and sustaining effective and trust-based relationships with a wide variety of individuals across diverse client groups. Must have experience as a credible, influential, proactive, and trusted partner
- Excellent cross-functional collaborator and influencer with the ability to manage a complex set of stakeholders and advocate change through influence rather than authority.
- Demonstrated advising and coaching skills with both leaders and individual contributors
- Demonstrated experience in the various HR functional areas, critical thinking, and business advisory skills - especially organization development, change management, feedback, compensation, and employee relations. Extensive working knowledge of HR standard methodologies, programs and policies
- Demonstrated ability to stay objective and exercise sound judgment in complex situations. Solid ability to effectively manage conflict and resolve sensitive situations
- Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn and grow and develop
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and facilitation skills; able to effectively lead and facilitate meetings, classes, and discussions
- Exceptional organization and project management skills. Keen attention to detail
- Working knowledge of compensation and benefits practices, including applicable state and federal employment laws and regulations
- Prior HR experience in a creative, artistic and/or high-tech industry Production / film industry experience a plus
- Experience supporting Technology / Engineering functions a plus
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of 7 years of forward-thinking experience in Human Resources, and 5+ years in a HR business partner role
The hiring range for this position in Emeryville is $141,298.00 to $180,730.00 per year.