WGRZ, the TEGNA-owned NBC affiliate in Buffalo, NY, has an opening for a part time Production Assistant. Candidate will be responsible for operation of broadcast equipment in the studio, control rooms and on remote locations.
Live Event / On Location Services
Buffalo/Niagara, New York Area
Jul 07, 2023
WGRZ, the TEGNA-owned NBC affiliate in Buffalo, NY, has an opening for a part time Production Assistant. This position will report directly to the Head of Technology and Operations.
- Primary duties include studio operations for newscasts and local shows.
- Candidate will be responsible for operation of broadcast equipment in the studio, control rooms and on remote locations.
- Candidate must be comfortable working with PC and Server based systems.
- Assisting with digital, digital content is also required.
- Prior television broadcast experience preferred.
- Candidate must have a valid New York State driver’s license and must be willing to work any shift, including days, nights, overnight, weekends and holidays.
- Overtime may be required to meet operational needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form is a requirement.
- Candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs. and be comfortable working at heights.
- Two (2) years of experience in college or professional broadcasting environments
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, take initiative, and work well with others
- Strong organizational, communications, and time-management skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift and operate handheld studio and field camera weighing 15 pounds for 20 minutes at a time
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
Day, Evening, Overnight