WGAL, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate in the Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York, PA market has an opening for a Part-time broadcast Operations Technician. The Operations Technician maintains the technical integrity of the station’s on-air signals and its equipment from acquisition to distribution.
Audio / Music / Sound
Grip / Lighting / Electric
Live Event / On Location Services
Lancaster, Pennsylvania Area
Nov 14, 2023
WGAL, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate in the Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York, PA market has an opening for a Part-time broadcast Operations Technician. The Operations Technician maintains the technical integrity of the station’s on-air signals and its equipment from acquisition to distribution. The Operations Technician will be responsible to communicate effectively with the production department, as this is integral for a smooth outcome of newscasts. This position supports all station efforts in-house and on remote location.
- Operate cameras and studio floor directing
- Contribute and collaborate with Directors and Producers
- Moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions (this could mean assisting in moving heavy equipment)
- Maintain appearance of studios including cleaning of set and floors
- Maintain and understand lighting grid and control board with knowledge to maintain proper programming. Ability to climb ladders to change light bulbs and adjust fixtures as needed
- Dress microphones and IFBs for all on-camera appearances
- Basic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current Internet technology including downloading of materials for promos and commercial client spots
- Assist with facility maintenance and technical projects as required
- Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including live shot setup, audio and director)
- Other duties as assigned by the Broadcast Operations Manager
- In-person attendance is required
- Prior experience working in operations at a commercial television station, college, high school or technical school, related military experience -OR- strong interest in broadcasting, broadcast technology, camera and audio operation.
- Prior work experience outside of the broadcast industry will also be considered.