This role is responsible for updating local website, curating high-performing content, crafting homepage layouts driven by data, and helping to report news -- everything from quick-hit local stories to breaking news and enterprise reports.
This role is responsible for updating local website, curating high-performing content, crafting homepage layouts driven by data, and helping to report news -- everything from quick-hit local stories to breaking news and enterprise reports. This role will work on building a loyal local audience by being responsive to traffic patterns and audience interest while serving as a steward of our brands.
- Curate and aggregate a steady stream of interesting content that is packaged and promoted in a way that generates engagement and repeat site visitation.
- Monitor all forms of media (print, TV, digital, blogs and social) and be the quick to report breaking news stories and always on the hunt for exclusive and or trending content that will grow engagement and drive loyal, local traffic
- Flexibility to perform duties
- Excellent at writing headlines that grow audience and engagement
- Prioritize packaging content that grows page views per visitor and time on site, using headline testing, metric tools and observed patterns to guide decision making
- Understand different ways to tell a story, particularly producing short videos and choosing great photos.
- Evaluate website traffic trends to make decisions on both daily content needs and longer-term content curation that will grow local audience.
- Build positive working relationships with newsroom staff and management, work collaboratively on enterprise content, and creating opportunities to market web content on broadcast.
- Promote and distribute news content on social media.
- 2 years of experience in digital content and journalism
- Clever headline writer that gets readers to click
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision maker
- Capable of researching, interviewing and writing original news articles
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and AP Style
- Enjoys working in teams and has excellent interpersonal skills
- Ease with/ability to learn new technology independently and quickly
- Strong communicator
- Some schedule flexibility (nights, weekends)
- Regularly meets measurements of success
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics; Chartbeat experience a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office; HTML, CSS and Photoshop experience a plus
The distribution producer will need to maintain awareness of external social media conversations and manage our own posts across all accounts through the day while also scheduling holdable content for off hours. Regular metric analysis and reporting will result in constant updates to strategy that need to be communicated, likely focusing on updated messaging to different groups weekly. This individual will also play a central role in the execution of our evolving newsletter strategy.
Physical Demands & Work Environment: Must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.