Wondery is looking for an Originals Producer, Germany. In this position you will support the sourcing, development and execution of the local original productions.
This role will provide guidance on creative approach, production process, and best practices for how to create compelling originals that can be released within the Wondery brand of premium story-driven podcasts like Business Wars, Dr. Death, Even the Rich, and The Lead and on Amazon Music. You will provide recommendations to Wondery senior leadership that will help regarding vetting concepts for Commissioned Originals, and then will be responsible for helping set creative goals, budgets, and production timelines with third-party production teams, and also support the creative process of new podcast ideas from scratch.
You’re experienced in storytelling. You have the ability to tell stories in an entertaining, compelling and emotionally engaging way no matter the content, format or length of the story. You’re creative and curious and a team player who thrives in a collaborative environment. You will be joining a dynamic, creative and fast-paced team, bringing an in-depth knowledge of the German podcast landscape to support multiple projects in development and production, as well as a high volume of submissions.
Key job responsibilities
- Oversee the development and production pipeline of local Originals
- Balance several projects at once, drive toward clear goals and pivot quickly when needed, and help producers reach their full potential
- Support a range of show concepts: from highly produced mini-series to talent-driven interview shows
- Help setting production goals, timelines, budgets and deliverables with third-party creators
- Act as a local point of contact and support for the local creative community (production companies, talent etc.)
- Liaise with marketing and ad operations to get the marketing and ad sales materials needed from third-party producers and talent
- Help collect and provide detailed feedback on outlines, scripts and mixes
- Experience as an editor, creative producer, audio storyteller, film/video/television development, or documentary production
- Understanding of the German podcast marketplace, creative trends and the podcast landscape
- Proficient communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to support large projects and facilitate group meetings.
- Experience in executing against a content strategy and delivering results.
- Experience overseeing all creative aspects of development production and post production
- A creative approach to storytelling with sound
- Organizational and project management skills
- Enthusiasm for Wondery’s style and ambition to develop new approaches to storytelling
- Highly proficient in both spoken and written German and English