Image Engine: The Senior Organic Modeler is responsible for delivering high quality assets in a quick and efficient manner.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Dec 14, 2022
They will act as an example to and mentor junior artists and will deliver all tasks within the required timeframe. They will have practical experience in all areas of Organic modeling and an understanding of Hard Surface modeling. Senior Organic Modelers will be able to apply briefing notes with minimal direction for team Leads or Supervisors. They will quality check all of their work and occasionally will assist the Leads to quality check the work of junior artists should the workload require.
Senior Organic Modelers will complete all aspects of organic work on assets across multiple shows, and create high quality assets at varying levels of difficulty.
In addition, Senior Organic Modelers will assist the Leads and Asset Supervisor to flag issues.
They will potentially assist in the Lead role on a short term basis in the event of an absence or production needs require it. They will participate in team meetings when necessary.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create complex 3D organic models to be used in production
- Apply client notes to all plates with minimal guidance
- Identify solutions and approaches to solve difficult tasks
- Communicate successes and challenges faced by the team to the Organic Leads
- Process requests from other departments in the pipeline
- Manage time and resources to meet weekly targets across multiple projects
- Occasionally required to work on hard surface model assets as needed
- Determine the broad technical and creative approach, in conjunction with the Organic Leads
- Ensure all email correspondence and scheduling is up to date, responding to emails in a timely manner
- Produce the highest quality work possible within a given amount of time
- Work with Modeling team, as required, to maintain continuity; as well as, support other departments (Texturing, Look Dev, etc) to ensure information is communicated up and down the pipeline
- Provide mentorship and help train Junior modelers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years experience creating high quality organic models for visual effects for film/tv
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating photo-realistic organic assets
- Thorough understanding of traditional art skills (Form, architecture, anatomy, topology, color theory)
- Excellent attention to detail when finalizing, approving or quality controlling assets
- Ability to balance quick turnaround while achieving a high degree of aesthetic quality
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Expert level experience in Maya
- Expert level experience in Zbrush
- Experience with UV Mapping
- Experience with Mari and Mudbox
- Experience with LINUX/UNIX is an asset
- Ability to troubleshoot and deal with competing priorities and projects
- Ability to take direction positively, work well within a diverse group, and thrive under the pressure of tight production deadlines
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and applications
- Ability to teach new techniques and apply new approaches to push assets to the next level
- Ability to assist in the bidding process
*Candidates are required to be based in British Columbia*