WCVB, the Hearst Television station in Boston, MA has an opening for a part-time Broadcast Operations Technician. The position supports on-air and production efforts for in-house and on remote locations.
Greater Boston Area
Jun 14, 2022
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Master Control Operations, control room technical roles, (including camera shading and robotic control, audio and technical director).
- Studio floor directing, moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions, (including assisting in moving heavy equipment).
- Maintain the appearance of studios including regular cleaning of sets and floors, operate and understand the lighting grid and its associated control board
- A demonstrated ability to safely climb ladders to adjust and maintain lighting fixtures as needed.
- Dress talent and set microphones, IFB's and other support equipment for all on camera appearances.
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Internet technology are necessary.
- Provide assistance and support of promotional efforts at station-sponsored community events as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Crew Chief and Engineering Management.
- The Operations Technician will be responsible to communicate effectively with the news, and production departments, as this is integral for a smooth outcome of newscasts.
- 2+ years of experience working as an operations technician at a commercial television station or equivalent is preferred, with direct experience operating a variety of broadcast equipment.
- The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a fast paced news operation.
Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.